HL7's Consolidated CDA (C-CDA) is required in the U.S. Meaningful Use (MU) Stage II requirements and has accelerated adoption and testing. IHE USA will offered newly published C-CDA version 2.1 as a part of IHE NA Connectathon 2016 in an effort to drive implementation.
On August 20, 2015, HL7 published C-CDA version 2.1, which includes three new document types. Below is a full listing of Document Creators and Consumers. Organizations that can create documents will be able to register to test one or more of these twelve C-CDA 2.1 document types. Organizations that consume C-CDA documents will be required to support all document types.
- Care Plan (V2)*
- Consultation Note (V3)
- Continuity of Care Document (CCD) (V3)
- Diagnostic Imaging Report (V3)
- Discharge Summary (V3)
- History and Physical (V3)
- Operative Note (V3)
- Procedure Note (V3)
- Progress Note (V3)
- Referral Note (V2)*
- Transfer Summary (V2)*
- Unstructured Document (V3)
(*) denotes new document types
The newly published document specifications are available on HL7's website.
Consolidated CDA testing will not require IHE Integration Profiles to exchange documents. Organizations may choose from these methods of document exchange:
- IHE XDS.b document submission and retrieval
- Web page for document upload (no client software needed; only a web browser)
- Web page for document search and download (no client software needed; only a web browser)
|IHE NA Connectathon 2016||Download Results Summary|
|IHE NA Connectathon 2015||Download Results Summary|
|IHE NA Connectathon 2014||Download Results Summary|
|IHE NA Connectathon 2013||Download Results Summary|