Get Involved! Become a Volunteer!
"The experiences IHE has provided through the Connectathon's Monitor Program has benefited my daily work, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to volunteer over the last 5 years. The hands on experiences, networking opportunities, and exposure to standards through the work of IHE at this event is unparalleled."
- Brian Bialecki, American College of Radiology
Each year, IHE USA recruits volunteer monitors to verify testing at the IHE North American Connectathon 2015, January 26 - 30, 2015, in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Monitors use their skills and expertise to review and evaluate interoperability tests completed by participating organizations at the Connectathon.
As a monitor, you will gain exposure to the latest standards, cutting-edge technology, and the engineers that make it all possible. Our unique, practical learning environment provides the experience you need to grow professionally.
IHE USA's monitor program is a highly competitive and respected program that is vital to both the individual’s professional development and industry as a whole.
- Work directly with 500+ software engineers from the industry's top vendors
- Gain deeper understanding about IHE Integration Profiles and test tools
- Benefit from hands-on experience and training with emerging technologies
- Learn through meaningful collaboration with vendors and HIEs
- Receive travel, accommodations, and a daily per diem for participation (Note: IHE USA will not support international travel outside the U.S. and Canada)
Did you miss the deadline? IHE USA is looking for volunteers to serve as alternate monitors. In the event of a cancellation, IHE USA will contact you to serve as a monitor. To become an alternate monitor, you must meet the general eligibility requirements (below) and complete our Alternate Monitor Survey.
Interested applicants must meet the general requirements described below. If you have any questions, please contact us at IHEUSA@himss.org.
- Volunteer for the full week of the IHE NA Connectathon 2015
- Monday, January 26 – Friday, January 30, 2015
- Monitors may NOT be employed by a participating vendor, nor be under contract to provide consulting or any other services to a participating vendor
- Agree to complete a conflict of interest form and non-disclosure agreement
- Technical background and experience (see technical requirements)
Save the date and prepare for IHE NA Connectathon 2016 on January 25 - 29, 2016, at the Cleveland Convention Center and HIMSS Innovation Center in Cleveland, Ohio. Volunteers can engage with 500+ of the industry's top engineers and help support the largest interoperable testing event in the country.
- Networking with 500+ of the industry's top engineers, architects and project managers
- Access to the IHE NA Connectathon testing floor - or the "Disneyland of health informatics" according to 2013 volunteer Deb Gory. (Floor is closed to the public)
- Complimentary Connectathon Conference registration and access to educational sessions on January 28th
- Complimentary admission to the Connectathon Conference Networking Event
- Recognition letter for your role and support as student volunteer
- Lunch will be provided each day you are on-site
- $50 per diem for food and travel for each day worked
Who can volunteer?
- Active undergraduate or graduate students studying in healthcare or technology
- 21 years of age or older
- Cleveland or Cleveland area resident, or be willing to drive to Cleveland for your scheduled shift
What is my commitment?
- Must be available a minimum of 3 of the 5 days of the NA Connectathon (January 26-30, 2015)
- Must be available the full 8 hours on each of your selected 3 or more days
- Monday, January 26th will be an extended shift. Shift times will begin at 6:30am through 6pm CT
- Attend (2) training sessions: (1) online webinar training and (1) on-site training session
- Participants will be expected to provide their own transportation to and from Cleveland Convention Center
- Incidental expenses and additional meals outside those provided by IHE USA will not be reimbursed
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn More
- Testing Options
- Profile Spotlight
- Participant Resources
- Hotel & Travel
- Important Dates
- Social Event
- Our Partners
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Showcase Connection