Get Involved! Become a Volunteer!
"The experiences IHE has provided through the Connectathon's Monitor Program has benefited my daily work, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to volunteer over the last 5 years. The hands on experiences, networking opportunities, and exposure to standards through the work of IHE at this event is unparalleled."
- Brian Bialecki, American College of Radiology
IHE USA Monitors Gain Real-World Experience
Each year, IHE USA recruits volunteer monitors to verify testing at the IHE North American Connectathon, January 25 - 29, 2016, in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Monitors use their skills and expertise to review and evaluate interoperability tests completed by participating organizations at the IHE Connectathon.
As a monitor, you will gain exposure to the latest standards, cutting-edge technology, and the engineers that make it all possible. Our unique, practical learning environment provides the experience you need to grow professionally.
IHE USA's monitor program is a highly competitive and respected program that is vital to both the individual’s professional development and industry as a whole. Learn more about eligibility requirements for this exciting opportunity.
Did you miss the deadline? IHE USA is looking for volunteers to serve as alternate Monitors. In the event of a cancellation, IHE USA will contact you to serve as a Monitor. To become an alternate Monitor, you must meet the general eligibility requirements (below) and complete our Alternate Monitor Survey.
Interested applicants must meet the general requirements described below. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An IHE NA Connectathon Monitor:
- Must volunteer for the full week of the IHE NA Connectathon 2016
- Monday, January 25 - noon on Friday, January 29, 2016
- Because testing occurs all five days, we need Monitors who are able to be with us for the duration of the event
- May NOT be employed by an organization testing at the IHE NA Connectathon, nor be under contract to provide consulting or any other services to a participating organization
- Agree to complete a conflict of interest form and non-disclosure agreement
- Have the necessary technical background and experience (see Technical Requirements)
Applicants must have appropriate technical background in one of the healthcare IT areas listed below. Follow the links to learn about the specific knowledge and skill sets desired of our monitors for each domain.
- IT Infrastructure
- Patient Care Coordination & Quality, Research, and Public Health
- Radiology & Cardiology
- Patient Care Devices
Travel & Expenses:
IHE USA will sponsor travel, accommodations, and provide a per diem to monitors. Please note, IHE USA will not support international travel outside the U.S. and Canada.
For additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Learn More
- Participant Resources
- Educational Programs
- Our Partners
- HIMSS Showcase Connection