Blockchain - Healthcare
New! Blockchain - Healthcare: January 16-17, 2018
Co-located at the IHE North American Connectathon
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain is built on the concept of a distributed ledger, or database that is shared with multiple participants based on an established model of trust. Information held on a blockchain exists as a shared — and continually reconciled — database. Unlike traditional database concepts, distributed ledgers can be continuously updated and capture each reconciliation as a cryptographically secured transaction.
- Demonstrate blockchain solutions for healthcare alongside both “traditional” health IT (such as HL7 CDAs and messaging) and “cutting edge” technologies including the Internet of Things, plsu HL7 FHIR® all of which can leverage Blockchain
- Receive hands-on, interactive training and “plugging” time
- Learn about the latest standards-based technologies within Blockchain
- Establish new connectivity partnerships in the health information and technology ecosystem
- Discuss, test and develop connectivity options for targeted use cases around this track
- Help to inform future standards development work by the IHE domains
- Advance awareness and adoption of Blockchain solutions in healthcare settings worldwide.
- Provide a hands-on, interactive training and “plugging” time for individuals who want to learn more about Blockchain
- Review and identify new use case opportunities to advance the adoption of Blockchain solutions in healthcare
- Demonstrate technical feasibility with initial interoperability testing
- Promote market development, growth, and adoption.
- Identify existing standards that can be leveraged and new standards to facilitate interoperability
Thank you to our Blockchain track sponsor - Ready Computing.
Ready Computing is a full service IT firm, specializing in software development and data exchange solutions within the healthcare industry. Ready Computing works with customers to develop solutions that meet their unique needs – whether that involves deploying Ready Computing software applications, creating client-specific applications from scratch, or implementing an application from one of our trusted partners.
Have questions or interested to learn more? Contact the IHE Coordinator, Jeremiah Myers at email@example.com.