IHE USA offers a scholarship program for participation at the IHE North American Connectathon 2014. The IHE Interoperability Research Award Program (IRAP) was launched in 2007 to provide support for participating organizations that are interested in advancing interoperability and the implementation of IHE Profiles. Scholarship awardees receive complimentary system registration.
Application Is Closed | Awardees Notified October 28, 2013
All applications are reviewed by a committee of volunteer domain experts and are evaluated according to the organization’s ability to meet the eligibility requirements (see below). Participants may be asked to submit additional information and/or references for the projects described. Restrictions do apply, see restrictions. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email the week of October 28, 2013.
Organizations must meet a minimum of one (1) of these eligibility requirements. Preference will be given to organizations that meet multiple eligibility requirements.
- First time applicant for the IRAP Scholarship
- Testing will lead to implementation of IHE-based systems in network or other health/healthcare setting requiring system interoperability (public HIEs, private HIEs, IDNs, any inpatient/outpatient)
- Testing of new or relatively untested IHE Actors & Profiles
- Testing will produce open source and generally distributed software vendor or device manufacturer implementation of IHE Actors & Profiles for use in health institutions and health networks
- Scholarship applicants may not apply, if registering for more then two (2) systems per organization
- HIT system vendors may not apply for the IRAP scholarship if have twice (2) received the IRAP Scholarship, effective since IHE NA Connectathon 2010
The IHE USA reserves the right to refuse testing for participants with systems containing combinations of Actors it deems to be inappropriate or not reflective of practical systems architecture. IHE USA will make this determination in consultation with the Project Management Team. Participants may be asked to revise their applications to limit the number and type of IHE Actors included in a single system. Decisions made by IHE USA are final.
September 23, 2013
IHE USA will begin accepting applications for IRAP Scholarships
October 18, 2013
IRAP application process closes. Gazelle registration, signed contract, and application must be complete and submitted to IHE USA by this date.
October 18, 2013
IHE North American Connectathon System Registration closes. Organizations not chosen for the IRAP Scholarship and who want to continue testing, will be invoiced and expected to submit payment for their participation in the IHE NA Connectathon 2014.
October 28, 2013
IRAP Award Notifications will be sent the week of October 28, 2013.
- Learn More
- Testing Tracks
- Payment Terms
- Participant Resources
- Hotel & Travel
- Important Dates
- Connectathon Events
- Our Partners
- Showcase Connection