Devices on FHIR®: January 16-17, 2018
Co-located at the IHE North American Connectathon
The Devices on FHIR Plug-a-thon also in its second year ensures semantically consistent device information exchange whether achieved using current Patient Care Devices (PCD) HL7 Version 2-based messaging or HL7 FHIR®-based resources and profiles. Devices on FHIR is a collaborative effort that unites activities underway in HL7, Continua, IHE USA and IHE International. Read below to learn more about the track benefits and goals for participation.
What is Devices on FHIR?
HL7 FHIR is a content definition standard that uses web-based technologies (e.g., HTTP or XML) to exchange standardized device data. The new standard is undergoing testing to connect medical devices to each other and Electronic Health Record systems. Devices from hospitals (e.g., physiological monitors or infusion pumps) and patient care devices (e.g., thermometer, weight scale, pulse oximeter or ECG monitor) are a part of the Devices on FHIR effort.
- Gain hands-on experience using HL7 FHIR technologies
- Learn about the latest standards-based technologies in device data exchange
- Understand device information for both patient care devices and acute care systems
- Receive hands-on, interactive training and “plugging” time
- Establish new connectivity partnerships in the health information and technology ecosystem
- Discuss, test and develop connectivity options for targeted use cases
- Help to inform future standards development work by the IHE domains
- Engage application developers to integrate device-sourced content
- Identify issues / gaps with Devices on FHIR specifications
- Identify extended capabilities for Devices on FHIR
- Understand how IHE can better integrate Devices on FHIR into its technical frameworks and related activities
Have questions or interested to learn more? Contact the IHE Coordinator, Jeremiah Myers at email@example.com.