What is an IHE Connectathon?
IHE Connectathons are a cross-vendor, live, supervised and structured testing event where industry leaders test implementations of IHE Profiles to advance health IT interoperability. All tests are evaluated on interoperability and conformance to IHE Profiles found in IHE’s Technical Frameworks. The test floor is overseen by IHE’s technical project managers providing a safe, neutral test environment and an unparalleled opportunity for industry collaboration and problem resolution. IHE Connectathons take place annually in various countries across the world to advance health IT and patient safety.
Learn what we have to offer:
IHE North American Connectathon – January 15-19, 2018
IHE USA is the sponsor of the IHE North American (NA) Connectathon. Last year, IHE USA hosted over 100 organizations, 120 systems and 550+ engineers. Learn more about the goals and benefits of participation. System registration closed on October 6, 2017. Organizations can still participate in the four new Plug-a-thon tracks happening on-site simultaneously.
With hundreds of the industry’s top standards and health IT experts in one place, IHE USA offers turn-key educational programs and networking events to support collaboration and professional development. Secure your VIP ticket by attending the IHE USA's educational workshop or our social event to gain exclusive access to the IHE Connectathon testing floor. Registration for these events will open in November 2017.
- Testing the interoperability of health IT systems for conformance to IHE Profiles in Trial Implementation and Final Text. IHE’s Technical Frameworks are free to the public and available on IHE International's website
- Testing the interoperability of health IT systems for conformance to HL7’s Consolidated CDA® version 2.1
- Qualify to participate and demonstrate IHE Profiles in HIMSS Interoperability Showcases across the globe including HIMSS18 Annual Conference & Exhibition March 5-9, 2018 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Reduce Development Costs and Time to Market
- Debug systems and product capabilities within minutes leveraging a broad cross-section of industry partners on-site including:
- Electronic medical record (EMR) vendors, public health agencies, device vendors and key infrastructure components that support health information exchange including Patient Identity Managers, Document Registries and Repositories, Cross Community Gateways
- Leverage 20+ years of standards development experience and test tools developed in partnership with IHE International, IHE USA and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Learn, collaborate, and network with 550+ of the industry’s top professionals at the largest interoperability testing event in the world
Build Quality into your Products:
- IHE Profiles are the foundation to interoperability in the U.S. and globally; one-third of the Health Information Exchanges in the U.S. are built on IHE Profiles
- Implement best practices using IHE Profiles and other world-class standards to enable health IT interoperability
- IHE’s repeatable, consistent testing process improves product quality
Demonstrate Industry Leadership in Interoperability:
- Be present with industry’s top vendors implementing IHE Profiles to enable interoperability
- Learn and speak with the industry’s top leaders on-site at the IHE NA Connectathon
- Qualify to participate and demonstrate IHE Profiles in HIMSS Interoperability Showcases across the globe
2.0 Million Testing Transactions at IHE North American Connectathon
Thousands of vendor-to-vendor connections have been tested overall, and tens of thousands of transactions passed among the systems tested in just five days! Learn what happens each day at the IHE NA Connectathon.
IHE publishes all Participants' successful IHE Connectathon testing results for public review in the IHE Connectathon Results Database.
Stay Connected with IHE USA's latest news, education, and events. Subscribe to IHE USA Newsletter.