Internet of Things - Medical
New! Internet of Things - Medical: January 16-17, 2018
Co-located at the IHE North American Connectathon
What is The Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things or IoT is the network of physical devices (medical equipment in this case) embedded with electronics, software, sensors, or network connectivity which enable these objects to collect and exchange data. The Internet of Things allows objects to be sensed or controlled remotely across existing network infrastructure, creating opportunities for more direct integration of the physical world into computer-based systems, and resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy and economic benefit in addition to reduced human intervention.
– Definition adapted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Receive hands-on, interactive training and “plugging” time
- Learn about the latest standards-based technologies within the Internet of Things – Medical
- Establish new connectivity partnerships in the health information and technology ecosystem
- Discuss, test and develop connectivity options for targeted use cases around this track
- Help to inform future standards development work by the IHE domains
- Demonstrate new IoT solutions that support value-oriented use cases in healthcare delivery and business processes.
- Advance awareness and adoption of IoT solutions in healthcare settings worldwide.
- Provide a hands-on, interactive training and “plugging” time for individuals who want to learn more about the Internet of Things
- Review and identify new use case opportunities to advance the adoption of IoT solutions in healthcare
- Demonstrate technical feasibility with initial interoperability testing
- Promote market development, growth, and adoption.
- Identify existing standards that can be leveraged and new standards to facilitate interoperability