Ring of FHIR Interoperability Testing Event
Ring of FHIR® at IHE NA Connectathon 2019
Michigan Health Information Network (MiHIN) and IHE USA are hosting a collaborative interoperability testing event based on HL7 FHIR® specifications and the MiHIN FHIR PIT and Ring of FHIR implementation. The event will consist of tutorial material and face to face testing at the IHE NA Connectathon 2019. The tutorial will be presented as part of the Innovations in Interoperability - Connectathon 2019 Conference on Wednesday, January 23 (separate registration required), and the Ring of FHIR Interoperability testing event will take place on Thursday, January 24 and Friday, January 25.
Note: Those unfamiliar with FHIR are strongly encouraged to register for the Connectathon Conference in order to be ready to participate in the Ring of FHIR Interoperability Testing Event. See details below.
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Location: HIMSS Innovation and Conference Center 1 St. Clair NE, Cleveland, OH and The Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
Overall Format: A highly interactive conference comprised of educational sessions, demonstrations, hands-on workshop and an exclusive tour of the IHE North American Connectathon testing floor and HIMSS Innovation and Conference Center.
Conference registration includes lunch and the FHIR Tutorial: Wednesday, January 23, 12:15 - 1:45pm ET
Innovations in Interoperability: Hands-on Introduction to FHIR - A FHIR PIT Party
Speaker: Wendy Couturier, MPH, FHIR Product Manager, Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services.
This hands-on session is an opportunity for attendees to learn, develop and test Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®) solutions in a safe, secure environment utilizing Michigan’s FHIR Pilot Interoperability Testbed (the FHIR-PIT). During the session, you will learn core FHIR basics; FHIR architecture and server standards; FHIR resources, components and bundles; FHIR servers and APIs; and how to leverage FHIR to find just the information needed from a set of health information.
- Demonstrate use of the “Ring of FHIR” network of servers to learn and practice using FHIR for interoperable software applications
- Showcase how applications can be created that leverage the power of FHIR via the robust platform populated with synthetic health information
Ring of FHIR Testing Event: Thursday, January 24, 8am - 5:30pm, Friday, January 25, 8am - 12pm ET
Michigan Health Information Network (MiHIN) is holding a Ring of FHIR Testing Event at the IHE NA Connectathon on Thursday, January 24 and Friday, January 25. Health IT developers and implementers at healthcare organizations across the country will soon be required to know how to leverage Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®). Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience and learn, develop, and test the exchange of health information using MiHIN’s FHIR Pilot Interoperability Testbed (FHIR-PIT).
Why attend Ring of FHIR?
- Access a safe FHIR playground, MiHIN’s FHIR Pilot Interoperability Testbed (FHIR-PIT), and test synthetic healthcare information including patient, provider, organization, and encounter data
- Leverage Ring of FHIR® - network of FHIR®-PITs with centralized “FHIR Station” that enables interoperability between organizations
- Network with other software developers and experts in the field responsible for interoperability
After an introduction to FHIR-PIT and the testing tracks, spend your time doing hands-on testing within your specified track. Lunch will be provided, and a Coffee & Networking break will occur in the afternoon. Event ends at 5:30pm ET.
Wrap up your testing and get ready for final demonstrations. Event closes at 12pm ET.
The testing will cover these three tracks:
- Exploratory IHE Track
Ring of FHIR Staffing Requirements:
- Companies participating in both the Ring of FHIR and Connectathon Testing Events must have staff available to support both testing, test partners, and discussions in the Main Connectathon Testing Event and the Ring of FHIR Testing Event.
Innovations in Interoperability - Connectathon 2019 Conference: $100 | More details on this event.
Ring of FHIR Testing Event: $200
How to Register:
Participants in the Ring of FHIR Testing Event and Innovations in Interoperability Educational Session will need to register through the Cvent Registration Portal. Ring of FHIR Participants will need to select their testing track during registration.