Applications for the IRAP Scholarship are Now Closed
Since 2007, IHE USA has offered scholarships to support organizations that want to participate in the IHE North American (NA) Connectathon. The IHE Interoperability Research Award Program or IRAP is for participating organizations that are advancing interoperability by implementing new IHE profiles in key, strategic areas. The registration fee of $8,700 for one system is waived for each organization that wins an IRAP Scholarship. Awardees are responsible for the cost of the IHE Connectathon badges, hotel, and travel expenses.
IHE USA Mission
IHE USA operates as a not-for-profit exclusively for charitable, educational and/or scientific purposes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare delivery by supporting the deployment of electronic health record systems, facilitating the exchange of health information among care providers, both within the enterprise and across care settings, and enabling local, regional and nationwide health information networks, all in a manner consistent with participation in the activities of IHE International, Inc.
IHE USA will evaluate an organization’s scholarship application based on its mission as stated above and the following considerations:
- You have not previously received an IRAP Scholarship.
- Your Connectathon testing will produce open source reference implementation software and/or tool kits.
- Your Connectathon testing will support your efforts to implement IHE-based systems in a live in-production network or other health/healthcare setting requiring system interoperability (public HIEs, private HIEs, IDNs, any inpatient/outpatient).
- Your system advances national interoperability goals or initiatives.
- You are testing new or relatively untested IHE Profiles/Actors.
- Your organization is a small or minority-owned business.
IRAP Scholarship Timeline - 2019
|September 10, 2018|
|October 10, 2018||
IRAP Application Closes - Applicant must submit IRAP Online Application to IHE USA by this date.
|October 12, 2018||
Applicant must complete System Registration in Gazelle and submit contract to IHE USA by this date.
|October 15 - 19, 2018||
IRAP Scholarship Selection Committee Review Applicants
|Week of October 22, 2018||
IRAP Award notifications sent
IHE NA Connectathon 2019 IRAP Winners