IHE North America (NA) Connectathon 2024
Are you working to fine-tune product interoperability? Complete months of development in minutes at the IHE Connectathon testing event and collaborate with your industry colleagues at one of the largest health IT testing events in the world. Join us in Oak Brook, Illinois, February 19-23, 2024, at the RSNA Headquarters.
IHE profiles are use-case based implementation guides built on established standards, including HL7® FHIR®, DICOM®, W3C and others. They are implemented in care settings and health information exchanges around the world.
Testing will be overseen by IHE Catalyst, the non-profit testing services wing of IHE. IHE Catalyst helps oversee IHE testing events in Europe, Asia, North America and recently South America, making Connectathons a truly global activity. In addition, Catalyst provides services for testing programs for national and regional eHealth initiatives around the world.
Testing will make use of the IHE Gazelle testing platform, a comprehensive testing tools portfolio and testing management platform developed by IHE-Europe, IHE USA and IHE Catalyst along with testing and validation tools developed by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology, MITRE, and other international collaborators. IHE Gazelle has been used to support quality testing in IHE Connectathons for more than 15 years worldwide.
The results of testing performed at IHE Connectathons are recorded in the IHE Connectathon Results Database, which can be used to attest to a vendor’s interoperability capabilities in tenders and as a pathway toward certification and regulatory filings. It is also used to qualify vendors for participation in public demonstrations, including those at the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase™ and the RSNA Imaging AI in Practice Demonstrations.
In Collaboration with:
What is the Connectathon?
IHE Connectathons are a cross-vendor, live, supervised and structured testing event where industry leaders test implementations of IHE Profiles to advance health IT interoperability. All tests are evaluated on interoperability and conformance to IHE Profiles found in IHE’s Technical Frameworks. The test floor is overseen by IHE’s technical project managers providing a safe, neutral test environment and an unparalleled opportunity for industry collaboration and problem resolution. IHE Connectathons take place annually in various countries across the world to advance health IT and patient safety. IHE’s unique testing environment allows vendors to test, re-test, and debug their systems in minutes because participants are working toward a greater goal.
From Cleveland to Kyoto, and for over 20 years, IHE Connectathons have provided a trusted venue for health IT system developers to formally test interoperability implementations in a structured, supervised, and collaborative noncompetitive environment with other leading market suppliers and technology vendors.
More information on our registration process and next steps to come.
Education and Networking Opportunities to Empower Health IT
- Testing the interoperability of health IT systems for conformance to IHE Profiles in Trial Implementation and Final Text. IHE’s Technical Frameworks are free to the public and available on IHE International's website
- Testing the interoperability of health IT systems for conformance to HL7 FHIR® and Consolidated CDA®
- Qualify to participate and demonstrate IHE Profiles in HIMSS Interoperability Showcases across the globe including HIMSS24 Global Health Conference & Exhibition, March 11-17, 2024 in Orlando, Florida.
- Reduce Development Costs and Time to Market
- Debug systems and product capabilities within minutes leveraging a broad cross-section of industry partners on-site including:
- Electronic medical record (EMR) vendors, public health agencies, device vendors and key infrastructure components that support health information exchange including Patient Identity Managers, Document Registries and Repositories, Cross Community Gateways
- Leverage 20+ years of standards development experience and test tools developed in partnership with IHE International, IHE USA and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Learn, collaborate, and network with 450+ of the industry’s top professionals at the largest interoperability testing event in the world
- IHE Profiles are the foundation to interoperability in the U.S. and globally; one-third of the Health Information Exchanges in the U.S. are built on IHE Profiles
- Implement best practices using IHE Profiles and other world-class standards to enable health IT interoperability
- IHE’s repeatable, consistent testing process improves product quality
- Be present with industry’s top vendors implementing IHE Profiles to enable interoperability
- Learn and speak with the industry’s top leaders on-site at the IHE NA Connectathon
- Qualify to participate and demonstrate IHE Profiles in HIMSS Interoperability Showcases across the globe
2.0 Million Testing Transactions at IHE North American Connectathon
Health IT vendors and other organizations interested in participating in the Connectathon should complete the pre-registration form linked below by December 8.
We are glad to assist you. Please contact IHE USA at Connectathon@ihe.net.