Gain Unparalleled Health IT Standards Experience
Join the 2023 IHE USA Team
IHE USA recruits volunteer monitors to review and evaluate interoperability tests completed by participants at the IHE NA Connectathon. Monitors gain exposure to the latest standards, cutting-edge technology, and the engineers developing health IT interoperability. IHE USA’s unique, practical learning environment provides the experience you need to advance your career.
IHE USA's monitor program is a highly competitive and respected program that is vital to both the individual’s professional development and health IT industry as a whole. Learn more about eligibility requirements for this exciting opportunity in 2023. Want to volunteer at the IHE Connectathon 2023? Monitor application is now Open! Apply before January 27, 2023 to be considered.
Benefits of Volunteering at the IHE Connectathon:
- Work directly with 550+ software engineers from the industry's top vendors
- Gain deeper understanding about IHE Profiles and test tools
- Hands-on experience and training with emerging technologies
- Learn through meaningful collaboration with vendors, government organizations, and HIEs
- Receive travel, accommodations, and a per diem for participation (Note: IHE USA will not support international travel outside the U.S. and Canada)
General Requirements of Applicants:
- Monitors must volunteer for the full week of Connectathon - March 6-10, 2023, in Austin, Texas
- Monitors may not be employed by a participating vendor or competitor, nor be under contract to provide consulting or other services to a participating vendor.
- Monitors are responsible for evaluating tests in which vendors demonstrate interoperability based on IHE profiles. Thus, monitors must have appropriate clinical or technical background in healthcare IT, including one or more of:
- Clinical document content (CDA and C-CDA)
- Clinical document exchange using RESTful and webservices technologies
- Radiology, Cardiology, or Laboratory departmental workflow
- HL7 (v2, v3, and FHIR) and DICOM (DIMSE and RESTful services)
- Public health reporting, quality measures
- Messaging between patient-centric, point-of-care medical devices and information systems
- Security in healthcare IT (authentication, authorization, audit trails, digital signatures.
We are glad to assist you. Please contact IHE USA at Connectathon@ihe.net.